Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst (free & Pro) + Skins and Tutorial

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

the Pro version of the FreqAnalyst product is on its way...! Find below some screenshots of the mono version in its current development state.

What's new compared to the free version:
Metering:
- Spectrogram view (with zoomable display and freeze functionality)
- coordinates are visible for very precise measurements on all views
- save snapshots into memory slots for response curves/tracks comparisons (can be exported in the presets as well, for comparisons between projects)
- new "average" mode
- slope adjustement

Output: (for monitoring, control other effects, like with our other audio analysis tools.)
- MIDI CC and automation output: bandwidth, energy center frequency, min & max frequencies above threshold (and MIDI note equivalent)
- total control over envelopes generation & real time preview

Spectrum view with a memorized snapshot:

Spectrogram view:

Soon in your favorite DAW!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: - save snapshots into memory slots for response curves/tracks comparisons (can be exported in the presets as well, for comparisons between projects)
Great! :tu: Thank you for listening to that request! You have a buyer waiting in the wings!

:)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Great! Thank you for listening to that request!
Interesting feature requests are always welcome!

One little request:

A slope (analyzer 'tilt') parameter would be nice. I find this very useful in Voxengo SPAN. Basically it compensates for the 'tilt' of the analyser so that you can set it up to show an ideal curve as a flat line, instead of that typical pink noise, lows to highs, gradual fall off. It's much easier for the brain to work with a 'straight' line than with a logarithmic slope.

I can't seem to describe this slope parameter so I suggest you download Voxengo Span and try the 'slope' tab and see what it does. IMHO it's incredibly useful. It would be even more useful with a 0.1dB precision. Also, note that the slope would have to compensate 'snapshots' as well or maybe the user just needs to make sure at what slope the snapshot was taken?

Anyhow.. just an idea.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Hi bmanic!
Yes, that's already inside:
- slope adjustement
It was one of the most requested features, together with the snapshot thing.

A feature that would be really great: overlaying other channel's graphs with different colours (like in Voxengo's Gliss EQ). I just tried doing something like this by overlaying two instances of FA and seeing through one of them, but the result is not so helpful and also quite inconvenient to set up.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi bmanic!
Yes, that's already inside:
- slope adjustement
It was one of the most requested features, together with the snapshot thing.
Awesome! I must have missed that while reading about the features.

Well, count me in as a customer then! :D

Cheers!
bManic

A feature that would be really great: overlaying other channel's graphs with different colours (like in Voxengo's Gliss EQ). I just tried doing something like this by overlaying two instances of FA and seeing through one of them, but the result is not so helpful and also quite inconvenient to set up.
Do you mean seeing the stored curves on the same graph? (you can for example store the response curve of a track, then move the plugin to another track and compare the current response curve to the previously stored one).

While I'm here, I have a question about the spectrogram view. I was wondering how you would like it to be displayed: time on the horizontal or vertical axis? Today the way it's done is it's horizontal, so that while time goes by the frequency response moves from right to left. But I have seen many other products doing it the other way: frequencies on the horizontal axis and time on the vertical axis (so that the frequency scale on the spectrogram is comparable to the instant spectrum view). It's just a matter of skin (can be changed), but it's better if the default one shows it the way most people are used to.

It seems to me the horizontal view is more intuitive (we are used to seeing time on the horizontal axis, just like in a sequencer), but I would be interested in your opinion. Thanks for your time.

how many will cost the pro version ?
and for previous customer of analysis tool pro ?

No, I mean seeing the frequency response of different tracks in realtime. For example, the graph of a bass in blue and a bass drum's graph in red in the same window, so you could see very clearly which frequencies to work on in order to seperate them well in a mix.

It looks like this in GlissEQ:

Tellfit wrote:how many will cost the pro version ?
and for previous customer of analysis tool pro ?
The pricing is still under discussion, but as far as I can tell it should be around 45 euro (or $55 ), with an introductory discount as usual, and an even more special price for existing customers. You will receive an email with special offers as a registered customer.

Note that the product will be also available in the audio analysis tools DirectX and VST plugins bundle.

be wrote:No, I mean seeing the frequency response of different tracks in realtime. For example, the graph of a bass in blue and a bass drum's graph in red in the same window, so you could see very clearly which frequencies to work on in order to seperate them well in a mix.
It looks like a good suggestion. I don't know if it can be ready for the first release, but for sure we will add this feature to the product.

Hello all,

It seems some of you are waiting for this product, so here are some screenshots of the current version (mono) to help you wait. The product is almost complete, you can expect some minor adjustments and skin changes. Target release date is the beginnning of March.

Note that we have added both a slope and offset adjustment on the spectrum curve.

Spectrum View with memory slots and bandwidth+frequency display (below graph)

Spectrogram View (note the coordinates above)

Output parameters view (parameters you can reuse to control other effects, like with our Audio Analysis Tools

Thanks for your patience!

Would it be possible to incorporate a similar spectogram view that FL Studio Parametric EQ2 has? It's quite ingenious actually. Basically it has only the frequency as the X axis. Now the clever part is that the time is done as the intensity of the graphics.

Here is an image of it. It has a high precision mode too but this laptop crashes if I try to run it in that mode.

By the way, your plugin looks awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.

Cheers!
bManic

bmanic wrote:Would it be possible to incorporate a similar spectogram view that FL Studio Parametric EQ2 has? It's quite ingenious actually. Basically it has only the frequency as the X axis. Now the clever part is that the time is done as the intensity of the graphics.

Here is an image of it. It has a high precision mode too but this laptop crashes if I try to run it in that mode.
I am not sure I understand what you need. I think I'd better have a look at it :). But for this release the feature set is closed. So you'll have to wait until next version for new features...
bmanic wrote: By the way, your plugin looks awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.
Thanks. It will be very soon!

Return to “Effects”